As fortunate or perhaps funny it is, I got to visit Manali twice in 2019, and if you ask me I still haven’t gotten enough of the place.
I personally find Manali to be the best hill station I have been to so far. And here are a few reasons why:
- Best of both worlds: Manali is largely split into two parts: Old Manali and New Manali. Both of these parts offer completely different vibes. One is a quintessential mall Road place, perfect for your family outings. The other is a nirvana land for all the young people with views full of mountains, cafes full of Bob Marley and streets filled with happy faces.
- Adventure sports: Manali is one of the very hill stations with such a wide variety of adventure activities available. Rafting, paragliding, Zip lining, Zorbing and almost everything you might be looking for
- Best of Cafes and Parties: If you know what I mean!
- Fits everyone’s Pocket: Unlike most hill stations Manali offers you plenty of options especially w.r.t accommodation. From the best of five stars to pocket-friendly hostels you will find enough and more options for your needs. There are also a lot of hostels offering accommodation on a monthly basis. Do look out for them if you are planning to be in the town for a while.
- Places around Manali: One of the best parts about Manali is the innumerable places on its periphery. Within just a radius of less thank 50km you will find some great options such as Gulaba, Kothi and Solang. So if you are someone who wishes to spend time away from the hustle-bustle of the city then these are the places for you.
- The perfect stop: Manali is a town en route a lot of famous places such as Leh, Rohtang pass, etc. For most travelers coming from Delhi and Chandigarh, these places make for journeys around 10-12 hours. And therefore Manali becomes the perfect stop for people to chill, relax and recharge for their travel ahead.
- Great connectivity: The town is easily accessible by almost every means of transportation. There is a lesser-known airport in Buntar (Kullu), about 2 hours from Manali. You have best of Volvos coming from all across places. The road journey to Manali is absolute bliss as you travel next to the river Beas with mountains as tall as the sky smiling right at you (Gosh I want the lockdown to be over!)
Which is your favourite hill station?